Nearly 15,000 Jobs Coming to Milwaukee
07 Mar, 2018
Nineteen companies in the seven-county metropolitan Milwaukee area are expected to create nearly 15,000 jobs after signing agreements with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) in 2017 to expand their operations or build new facilities in the region.
The companies include the Foxconn Technology Group, which plans to hire 13,000 workers in Racine County as part of the state’s largest economic development project ever; Haribo of America, which will bring nearly 400 jobs to Kenosha County; Generac Power Systems Inc. in Waukesha, which plans to add 400 workers as part of an expansion; and Molson Coors Brewing Co., which is adding 150 positions to its facility in Milwaukee’s Miller Valley.
“While Foxconn’s historic investment in Wisconsin is rightfully receiving a lot of attention, we are seeing numerous other companies decide to expand or establish operations in the Milwaukee area because of the region’s strong business climate, great location and outstanding workforce,” said Mark R. Hogan, secretary and CEO of WEDC, the state’s lead economic development organization. “These projects will further strengthen the Milwaukee area’s economy and open up new opportunities for workers throughout the region.”
“The Milwaukee 7 is seeing unprecedented deal flow and interest from companies around the globe considering where to place investment and jobs,” said Jim Paetsch, vice president for corporate expansion and attraction for M7, the regional economic development organization that encompasses the seven counties. “The story we are telling is resonating. Corporate decision-makers value our assets and appreciate the steps we’ve taken to make Wisconsin more attractive for investment. The surge we are seeing in both attraction and expansion activity is shining a spotlight on our region and state that we aim to take full advantage of.”
Other companies in the M7 region that are creating new jobs through expansion or new facilities include:
- Baptista’s Bakery LLC, Franklin, 125 jobs
- Steele Solutions Inc., Milwaukee, 125 jobs
- Grover Corp., Glendale, 109 jobs
- Gold Standard Baking, Pleasant Prairie, 96 jobs
- Wisconsin Oven Corp., East Troy, 85 jobs
- Gehl Foods LLC, Germantown, 50 jobs
- Prestige Metal Products, Bristol, 46 jobs
- LDV Inc., Burlington, 40 jobs
- Grand Appliance Inc., Sturtevant, 37 jobs
- U-Line Corp., Brown Deer, 34 jobs
- Metal-Era Inc., Waukesha, 32 jobs
- Krones Inc., Franklin, 25 jobs
- Sussex Tool & Supply Inc., Sussex, 22 jobs
- First Choice Ingredients, Menomonee Falls, 22 jobs
- Fischer USA, Racine, 20 jobs
Since 2015, WEDC has provided assistance to 63 companies in the M7 region for projects that are expected to create more than 22,000 jobs and retain more than 8,000 jobs in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha counties.