Town of Charlton, Massachusetts
05 Jul, 2017
- Charlton is consistently among the top 10 annual fastest-growing communities among the 43 communities in central/southern Worcester County.
- Over 400 acres of prime developable land is available for economic development along the Route 20 corridor in commercial, industrial and business enterprise park zoning categories.
- The Route 20 highway corridor is located east-west through Charlton, with nearby access to the Massachusetts Turnpike, and Routes 9, 31, 169, I-190, I-290 and I-94.
- Top industries in Charlton include fiber-optics, medical instrumentation research and development, bio-tech, light manufacturing and warehouse/distribution.
- Upcoming new development includes the Fall 2017 opening of Treehouse Brewing Company’s 53,000 square foot craft brewery and retail facility directly located on Route 20, 5 minutes from Mass. Turnpike access.
- Economic development incentives include expedited local permitting and tax credits/financial incentives in partnership with state economic development agencies.
|1.) BUSINESS ENTERPRISE PARK
• The site is 98.1 acres southerly off Route 20, easterly of Route 169.
• Zoned Business Enterprise Park (BEP), excellent location for a business park, potential uses include light manufacturing, R&D, warehousing, office space.
• Site elevation with vistas, excellent drainage and relatively flat topography.
• 5 Minutes from both Mass. Turnpike entrance/exit and entrance to Interstate 84 south to Hartford, Conn. And New York City.
|2.) COMMERCIAL LOT
12 North Main Street
• 17.6 Acres at signalized corner
• Adjacent to Masonic Overlook - full service adult community and assisted living campus
• One of the fastest growing residential populations in Worcester County
• Last corner at town’s premium intersection
• Located near CVS, Harrington Hospital and Southbridge Savings Bank (all new developments within the past 5 years)
• Excellent potential for big box anchored retail center
6 Oxbow Road
• One-acre parcel located at NE quadrant of 4-way signalized intersection. Commercially zoned with over 200’ frontage on Route 20
• Ideal for any type of commercial re-development
• prime location for gas/c-store, bank, retail strip or office building
• High growth community underserved by retail services
Worcester Rd./N. Main Street
• 14+ acres highly desirable parcel zoned commercial/business with more than 680 feet of frontage on Worcester Road (Rte. 20)-story former health facility located on 3.26 acres
• Level site located at 4-way signalized intersection directly adjacent to CVS. Centrally located near town center within growing community
• Ideal for retail and office development
• CVS, Harrington Hospital and Southbridge Savings Bank all new developments within past 5 years.
• Traffic count: 21,700 (2010)
|5.) COMMERCIAL LOT
288 Southbridge Street
• 8,544 square foot flexible building on 2+/- acres with 400’ frontage
• Cleared, flat and paved lot within zoning district that permits commercial retail and most industrial uses.
|6.) COMMERCIAL LOT
306 Sturbridge Road
• 2-story former health facility located on 3.26 acres
• Up to 26,000 square feet
• Abundant on-site parking, 100+ spaces
• R-40 Zoning
• Easy access to Hartford, Springfield and Boston
For more information visit http://www.townofcharlton.net/economicdevelopmentcom.htm